NUDELMAN PRECISION ENGINEERING DESIGN BUREAU (KBtochmash) is traditionally one of the leading Russian companies developing defense technologies and systems for the armed forces and services including land forces, navy, air forces and others. Our enterprise specializes in the development of high-precision forward line weapons. Exclusive engineering school and highly skilled specialists design unique defense equipment and technologies.
KBtochmash was founded in 1934 and since that time it has designed and developed following famous gun, missile and missile / gun systems:
1. Aircraft weapons
• large-caliber aircraft guns of the World War II and postwar period: NS-37, NS-23, NS-45, N-37, NR-23, NR-30, R-23 and others. For many years the guns were main aviation arms of Soviet aircrafts.
• one of the first in the USSR air-to-surface unguided missiles S-5, S-8, S-25 and their modifications that were used as effective and sustainable weapon in local wars.
• unique guided missile system of modular design known as S-25 system that includes missiles S-25L, S-25LD and their modifications.
2. Anti-tank and tank arms
• the country first radio controlled anti-tank missile system Falanga and its modifications for naval and helicopter mounts.
• the world first tank guided weapon system Kobra marked the beginning of unique missile systems as well as its modifications – guided systems Zenit and Agona.
3. Air defense systems
• the country first self-propelled SAM system at close-in defensive line Strela-I and its modifications.
• the country first crawler self-propelled SAM system at close-in defensive line Strela-10 and its modifications Strela-10M, Strela-10M2 and Strela-10M3 (Kitoboy).
4. Support weapon
Automatic grenade launcher system AGS-17 Plamya and its modifications for naval (AGS-17M) and helicopter (AG-17A) mounts. AGS-17 Plamya is the combat-proven weapon of choice for today’s armed forces.
Main development principles of high-precision forward line weapons that permit to design arms of highest dependability at lowest cost of ownership:
• unification of all products
• modular and block design
• complexation of the systems depends on their physical modes
• high updating capability, maximum operational flexibility for future growth
• capacity of quantity-production
• easy training and operation.
Our enterprise gives much attention to science intensive civil production, thus since the 1960s our specialists have conducted research of the laser technology. It was our enterprise that developed the first serial welding set SU-1. The set was exhibited in Leipzig fair and was the only workable specimen. Multipurpose serial high power laser processing station UL-2 and UL-20 were demonstrated in Montreal, Budapest, Bucharest, Rome and London expos. As well as first in the country serial laser photo coagulator OK-I successfully used in ophthalmic surgery and quite a number of other unique products.
In 1963 KBtochmash and leading Soviet institutes including Sternberg Astronomical Institute (a division of Moscow State University) conducted fundamental scientific investigation of laser optical location of the Moon. For that purposes they developed unique powerful (power up to 80 J) ruby laser processing station. Consequently the capacity of laser ranging at space distances was demonstrated.
Other significant sphere of science intensive civil production is the development of pacemakers. KBtochmash developed and clinically adopted implantable pacemakers EKS-445 and EKS-500 that are not inferior to foreign analogs.
Scientific and technical solutions applied in EKS-445 were appreciated highly at Brussels Innova/Eureka (international trade fair for invention, research and new technologies) and awarded to the Gold medal with mention. Our enterprise developed and clinically adopted 25 models of pacemakers.
More than 25 years KBtochmash has developed security products including different types of radio-metal locators. Quite a number of governmental institutions and private companies have been equipped by the products.
Thus for its history our enterprise developed and put into the service with the Armed Forces more than 100 models of defense and civil products of what most part hasn’t analogs not only in Russia but also in the world.